Kohinoor Heat & Eat Curries, Peshawari Dal Makhani, 10.5-Ounce Boxes (Pack of 10)
Why we love it?
Peshawari Dal Makhani, More
Some comments about this we saw on the web:* /u/neuracnu on /r/BurningMan As thewilyone said earlier, there are several brands of single serving, heat-and-eat Indian curry (Swad, Tasty Bite, Kitchens of India, Kohinoor, MTR, etc) that come in a fairly wide variety of flavors. Drop the little packets into a pot of boiling water for a few minutes and you’re good to go. Some regular supermarkets carry these, but you might need to go to an international supermarket to find a good selection.
Also, some of the curries are pretty runny, so I’d suggest getting similar-sized packets of heat and eat rice (Uncle Ben’s makes a bunch of these) to go with it.
Anything in the canned isle of your grocery store would also work:
- hearty, non-condensed soups (Chunky, Progresso, etc)
- canned pastas (Chef Boyardee, Spaghetti-O’s, etc)
- vacuum sealed tuna and salmon
- chili (duh) [UPDATE: Why? Because chili has a tendency to give people diarrhea more than other foods. If you are unsure of what foods to bring, it would be prudent for you to stay away from this one the first time around.]
- cream-based soups (not a pleasant consistency for camping food)
Another pro-tip that and old burner told me about: you can stretch the small amount of ice you get by buying your favorite dishes from restaurants at home, get it to go, then use a vacuum sealer to bag it up and freeze it. Then, on playa, just drop the whole thing into boiling water, cut it open and presto: your favorite take-out on playa.
More Beautiful and Useful Items:Grocery & Gourmet Food (29)
Cooking & Baking (4)
Breadcrumbs & Seasoned Coatings (1)
Seasoned Coatings (1)