JoyiQi PWM 20A Solar Controller/Regulator Power Charge Controller/Regulator 12V/24V
Why we love it?
They are perfect for rural electrification system Electronic protection:Overheating, over charging, over discharging, overload, and short circuit
Some comments about this we saw on the web:* /u/supernopantsman on /r/BurningMan Hi BaboonFury,
I have a solution for you and have experience on-playa with a solar setup.
The simplest and most effective way to have a fantastic solar setup is by purchasing the following:
- 1) A small 12v lead-acid battery (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003S1RQ2S?tag=dirtyhippie-20)
- 2) A solar controller - this prevents the solar panels from putting out too much energy into your electronics and battery: http://www.amazon.com/JoyiQi-Solar-Controller-Regulator-Charge/dp/B00NAR1NM4
- 3) Solar Panel: http://www.amazon.com/ALEKO-SP20W12V-Solar-Monocrystalline-Application/dp/B00XOITM90
- 4) A small switch (for the swamp cooler): http://www.amazon.com/Shoreline-Marine-Toggle-Switch-Brass/dp/B004LR5N3C
- 5) A few connectors (shop around): http://www.amazon.com/Yiding-Waterproof-Electrical-Connector-Marine/dp/B00BYNKUSE/
- 6) 16 AWG Wire (shop around)
- 7) Electrical Tape
Hook positive to positive, negative to negative, all to the solar controller, it’s labeled for you of what to connect to what. Put the switch on one of the wires going to the swamp cooler.
Done. Flip the switch when you get hot for cool air. Off when you wake. The battery will have plenty of power to “slowly drain” if the power is too much during the day. It will charge when it’s off and stay topped off. Swamp coolers don’t use much energy. This setup will run an AC/DC inverter and charge things like phones, e-cigs, etc.
I had a similar setup and never ran out of power, ran many other things. Good luck.
More Beautiful and Useful Items:Patio, Lawn & Garden (95)
Generators & Portable Power (46)
Solar & Wind Power (37)
Energy Controllers (9)