ALITOVE 16.4ft 300 LEDs WS2812B Individually Addressable 5050 RGB LED Strip Light LED Pixel Flexible Lamp Tube Waterproof IP67 White PCB
Why we love it?
Comes with 3pin JST-SM connectors and separated power/ground wires on both ends. Each LED can be cut off without damaging the rest strip. You can shorten, lengthen or bend it freely if you want. WS2812B LED strip has 256 brightness display and 24-bit color display. Each pixel can have its own color and brightness. You can control them individually and set them to any color or animation you want.
Some comments about this we saw on the web:* /u/l30 on /r/BurningMan Dude I’ve got you.
I’ve made hundreds of head and face LED items and lighting up hoods is a super common project. Someone already mentioned it but there are plenty of tutorials and supplies available on Adafruit.com with the equiptment/knowledge there you could finish your project in a night, depending on your skill level.
What’s your competency in terms of sewing, soldering, programming and wiring? There are sewable neopixels that take time to sew into clothes but eliminate the issue of wear/tear that running a single strip of leds will have. Additionally, you can just take a strip and cut it into pieces (i’m doing that right now for another burning man project) and use stranded hookup wire to connect them together so as to allow them to move with your hood more easily without breaking connections.
Assuming you have a soldering iron already, a computer (+arduino), and a USB to USB Micro cable you need the following:
- Either: 1 meter of LED strip (www.amazon.com/dp/B00VQ0D2TY) or a bunch of sewable neopixels, (www.adafruit.com/product/1260)
- Sewable micro controller (www.adafruit.com/product/1222) This one is out of stock but you can google other sources
- Stranded hookup wire (www.amazon.com/dp/B00NB3SSJ8)
- 3xAA or 3xAAA battery pack with JST connector AAA (https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/adafruit-industries-llc/727/1528-1151-ND/5353611) or AA (https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/adafruit-industries-llc/3287/1528-1817-ND/6569765)
- A toggle button (https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/judco-manufacturing-inc/40-3979-00/515PB-ND/523397)
- Needles, thread, fabric, scissors
- Hot glue
I think that comes out to like $50 or $60, but thats because you can’t buy the wire or led strips in short lengths, and having more than enough is better than not enough if you fuck something up. Shoot me any questions if you have em.
More Beautiful and Useful Items:Tools & Home Improvement (165)
Lighting & Ceiling Fans (46)
Novelty Lighting (23)
LED Strip Lights (20)